Relaxation ~ Revelation ~ Regeneration
Welcome to Oasis Float
Floatation therapy is a zero gravity environment designed to help your body relax, recover and reset. Backed by scientific research, it’s a tranquil way to soothe and heal the body from the constant stress of life’s daily pressures; the results can be spectacular!
If you were to ask most people who know about floating when it started, they would likely tell you floating started in 1954 when, Dr. John C. Lily, (neurophysiologist and psychoanalyst) created the first float tank. He developed floatation therapy in order to study how the brain would respond while in a sensory deprived environment-known as REST (Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy).
However, history shows floatation has been going on for millennia’s in the Dead Sea. People from all over the world continue to travel to the Dead Sea to float for the experience and the health benefits it offers. A very important mineral the Dead Sea and our float tanks both contain is magnesium.
While there are many forms of magnesium, no doubt, it is essential for our bodies! Magnesium is responsible for over 300 enzymatic processes in the body! A study published in 2016 stated “Approximately 50% of Americans consume less than the estimated average requirement for magnesium and some age groups consume substantially less.” Unfortunately, this amazing mineral is not produced by our bodies. Magnesium is acquired from certain foods, supplements and through skin absorption. Floating allows Magnesium to be absorbed through the skin giving the body the much needed mineral. This is one reason many feel so good after Floating.
Our float pods contain on average 185 gallons of chlorine-free water and 900-1,000 pounds of very high quality USP grade Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate); this combination creates a solution so buoyant, it allows you to float effortlessly and gives a sensation of complete weightlessness. Floating relieves pressure from the joints resulting in full tissue and muscle relaxation giving muscle tension relief.
The water is heated to skin temperature –93.5 degrees–once relaxed it’s almost impossible to tell where the body ends and the water begins, giving a feeling of floating in mid-air.
~Perhaps, for the first time in your life, you can experience total relaxation with deep healing in a private peaceful space.
- Achieve theta wave state–>a very deep state of relaxation
- Reduces stress and anxiety (both mental and physical)
- Reduces depression symptoms
- Reduces symptoms of PTSD
- Improves sleep by aiding in combating sleep disorders
- Speeds healing time
- Boosts immunity
- Flushes toxins from the body
- Assists to reduce inflammation and bloating
- Assists to reduce blood pressure
- Decreases fatigue and jet lag (one hour of floating can be equal to four hours of sleep)
- Improves athletic performance and recovery
- Assists to lower cortisol levels
- Assists with recovery from addiction
- Helps with pregnancy pains
- History of flipping breech babies
- Dopamine~ the feel good hormone produced by the brain
- Mental clarity
- Learning capabilities
- Rate at which material can be absorbed
- Problem solving
- Sense of well being
Helps to reduce pain associated with, but not limited to:
- Joint and muscle pain
- Lyme Disease
- Increases ATP
- Reduces lactic acid
- Increases efficiency of blood circulation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases blood flow and distribution of red blood cells
- Compressed recovery time
- Reduced delayed onset muscle soreness
- Higher degree of control of nervous system
- Aids in healing of muscles and ligaments
- Reduced pre-game anxiety
- Improved mental focus and stamina
PRO ATHLETES WHO FLOAT
- Joe Rogan
- Tom Brady
- Harrison Barnes
- Wayne Rooney
- Michael Phelps
- Aly Raisman
- Carl Lewis
- Phillips Idowu
- Stephen Curry
- Gegard Mousasi
PRO SPORTS TEAMS THAT FLOAT
- Baltimore Ravens
- Boston Celtics
- Chicago Bears
- Colorado Rockies
- Dallas Cowboys
- Detroit Lions
- Green Bay Packers
- Los Angeles Rams
- New England Patriots
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Washington Football Team
MILITARY BRANCHES & COLLEGES THAT HAVE FLOAT TANKS
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Navy
- Clemson University
- West Virginia University
- Ohio State
- Notre Dame University
What We Provide For You
- Towel and Wash Cloth
- Earplugs & Q-tips
- Chlorine-Free Showers
- Non-Petroleum Based Jelly
- Unscented Body Wash
- Unscented Shampoo
- Unscented Conditioner
- Hair Dryer
Preparing For Your Float
- We recommend you avoid shaving for about six hours before your appointment; the saltwater can irritate freshly shaven skin. If you have any small cuts, cover them with the non-petroleum based jelly we provide.
- Have a snack or small meal 60-90 minutes prior.
- You may have an easier time settling into your float if you avoid caffeine, nicotine, and other forms of stimulants before your session. Six hours is recommended.
- To ensure total relaxation of all guests we ask you leave children and pets at home. Service animals are welcome
Who should NOT Float
- You have had your hair colored (bleach is okay) recently or a spray tan. The recommended wait time is 10 days. This will ensure that the tank solution will not discolor your hair, and your hair or spray tan will not discolor our solution. *no semi-permeable hair dye and any hair dye that is pink, purple, blue, green etc, needs prior approval to Float-they bleed much easier into our water
- You are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes.
- You have a new tattoo. The recommended wait time is four weeks.
- You have epilepsy that is not medically controlled and supervised.
- You have an infectious disease or large cuts or open wounds.
- You are unable to enter or exit the tank without assistance. Please bring a chaperone if you feel you may need assistance-we can not assist you.
- You are in your first trimester of pregnancy.
Come to Oasis and FLOAT your way to rest, revelation and restoration. Find your Nervana~ give your body what it needs to heal and work for YOU!
154 Franklin Farm Ln,
Chambersburg, PA 17202